Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Today is Chile day!!!!

Sept. 18th 2008

Oh, I love this day…I know this may sound psycho which I already know my sisters think I am… but I love this day! It’s the day where we celebrate my husband’s mission!
My husband left in Sept. 1998 to serve an LDS mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He labored two years preaching the gospel and serving the people of Santiago, Chile. He loved that experience! Well, I was pondering one time what I could do to encourage my son’s to have the same desire and it came to me Chile day’s!!! Logan and I decorated the kitchen in Chilean colors with balloons, streamers, and of course the Chilean flag. Well, I tried to make a Chilean dinner ( I ended up using the wrong recipe). It was good though. We had brussel sprout casserole, Fanta (an orange soda drink they have in Chile), peaches and salad. (I also didn’t make the salad true to form either... I should have though…all they have for a salad there is lettuce and tomatoes with lemon on top) I needed my ranch dressing. Anyways, Logan helped me make a cake and we decorated it like the Chilean flag. Then we played pin the tie on the missionary, and watched a video of Kirt’s mission he received. Later, Dad had to leave to work on homework, but the kids and I painted a piggy bank for our new baby that we’re having in November. We have a tradition in our family that when we have a baby boy…which so far we’re 3 for 3, that we make a mission piggy bank. We buy a ceramic piggy bank at a ceramic store, paint it, have the letters RWH (Return With Honor) on it and then send it back to the store to have it fired. Logan really enjoyed it and did a great job covering the entire piggy bank with my help….and Landon well, he mostly just ate the paint off the brush. ( I knew that was going to happen!) But, towards the end when he saw Logan painting, he started to stop eating paint and start painting. It was a great day! If anyone has any ideas for mission games or missionary related activities for future Chile day’s I would love to hear it.

0 comments: