Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Family Campout

October 10, 2008


We had a family campout inside our house. Logan had been begging us for forever to set up his mini tent in the living room and bring out his sleeping bag and flashlight. So tonight I promised him we could. We went to the store and got some stuff for smores , I told him though that we wouldn’t be able to light a fire in our home to roast the marshmallows, but he kept insisting that we should do it. Well, we waited to be able to have our campout with dad and then got his tent up. He told dad that he wanted to roast marshmallows in the house because that’s what you do when you go camping. Well, dad decided we’d pretend… he went outside and got some big sticks and got our Halloween pumpkin lights and put them underneath the sticks so it gave it an orange glow…then he had Logan color a picture of fire flames. Logan thought that was so cool! He kept rubbing his hands together and saying things like…”Oh, the fire’s hot”, ”I’m getting warmer” , “Isn’t it a nice fire mom”. We had him get in his pj’s and pretended to roast marshmallows in our “nice fire” and then heated up the marshmallows in the microwave with the graham cracker and chocolate. We ate them and then read a couple of ghost stories before going to bed. We have the old Troll house books on tape…we read “ the mystery of the witches shoes” and “ the mystery of the haunted piano”. There fun to read and not too scary. In the morning we made cinnamon rolls to end our campout extravaganza.
Side note: Logan said something so cute to me today… I’m going out shopping with my mom and grandma (Gee) soooo…I actually did my hair and make-up today ( I know a shocker) and as I was putting on mascara, Logan says, “Mom what are you doing?” I told him I was trying to make myself beautiful, he then says “Mom you always look beautiful, even when you put that stuff on!” It made me want to cry…I love it when he’s sweet with me!

0 comments: