Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First Day of Preschool









September 22, 2008



Logan started his first day of school! I can’t believe it! My little four year old goes to preschool. The first day went really well. I stayed for almost all of it. It starts at 8:00 am and ends at 11:30 am. I was very apprehensive at first to let him go. I just couldn’t stop thinking about how he’s getting older and that I’ll miss having him at home all the time… I know this must sound funny because it’s only 3 hours a day for 4 days a week, but it was like a chapter of having him home with me all the time was closing and I didn’t want to turn the page. He was more than happy to see me go and I know in my heart of hearts it’s what’s best for him, because he just gets to bored to be home with me all the time, I can’t seem to entertain him as much or as long anymore. When I picked him up he couldn’t stop talking about all the new things there were in the classroom and the new things he would be learning…I started my new tradition with my son for his first day. My mom used to do this for me. She’d go to ‘All A Dollar’ or I think it was ‘Pic N’ Save’ at that time and find a cheap toy for a buck and wrap it. She’d then put clues around the house starting first in our room for us to find what ever it was she hid. It wasn’t always toys, it was a candy bar or a tape or something small and simple. I loved that tradition…it always had me excited for the first day of school, even when I was scared or felt nervous I always knew that when I got home something fun was waiting for me. And I usually had a good day by the end of the first day of school, but coming home knowing there was a game to play made it that much better. So I did it with Logan and helped him look for the clues…he loved it! It was a cheap toy and he actually played with it so much that later that day it was already broken….like I said it was a cheap toy. But, he had a good time.

0 comments: