Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas











We had a great Christmas! This year was my parents Christmas sooo, we spent the majority of the time with my family but we still got to enjoy a little bit of both families. On Christmas Eve we went to the Olive Garden for dinner ( those people must hate us) with our entire family which includes: My sister Kenna her husband Brad and four kids ( Shawn, Steven, Melissa and Derek), my sister Kari and her husband Michael and their three kids ( Jared, Gavin and Scott), My sister Kim and her husband Tyson, my family, Mom and Dad and Gee. It was a crowd! I now remember why I don't bring children to a restaurant. Logan spilled his soda on Gavin, Landon was throwing food and screaming. My husband kept looking at me with "the look" ( it's a certain look he gives me of annoyance)... I don't think we want to go out to a restaurant with them for a very long time. We got to go to my Mom and Dad's house afterwards and did our family tradition ( we have the kids dress up and perform the Nativity), then we had them make cookies for Santa by decorating sugar cookies with lots of frosting, ate homemade donuts and cider ( which we've been doing since I was little) and this time we opened presents from eachother's families. We then went to my mother and father-in-laws and did the Nativity there (this time we all dressed up). We then slept over and Santa found us the following morning. I have to show you the blanket my sister-in-law made me for Lincoln...it's absolutely gorgeous! I love it when she makes me blankets (she's done one for each of our kids)...by the way THANK YOU CAREE! I have to tell you she's super woman she made Logan, Landon, and Lincoln a teepee and me an advent calender as well. She has four kids one that's just 4 months older than Lincoln! I have no idea how she does it. Sorry to go off...I just had to talk about it. Santa brought Logan a kitchen and a 'real' bow and arrow ,Landon got a rocking horse 'plane' and an umbrella and Lincoln got a towel that looks like a monkey. The family got a couple of movies. Then they opened presents from Mom and Dad. I tell you every year I forget how much I spend on my kids...their spoiled rotten.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

That was so fun Kelly, thanks for putting all your posts on at once. I loved reading through it all this morning! - Natalie